The Vice Chancellor of NSU, Professor Amin Sarkar, and the Associate Professor of the University of Bergen, Dr. Istiaq Jamil, were also present in the occasion. The MPPG is a 2-year program, started jointly in 2008 by the University of Bergen in Norway, Tribhuvan University in Nepal, University of Peradeniya in Sri Lanka and North South University in Bangladesh.
From the left hand side:
1. Dr. Ishtiaq Jamil, Associate Professor, University of Bergen
2. Professor Salahuddin M. Aminuzzaman, Adviser, NSU
3. Dr. Sk. Tawfique M. Haque, Director & Associate Professor, NSU
4. Professor ANM Meshquat Uddin, Pro-Vice Chancellor of NSU
5. Professor Amin Sarkar, Vice Chancellor, NSU
6. H. E. Ms. Merete Lundemo, Ambassador of Norway
7. H. E. Mr. Hari Kumar Shrestha, Ambassador of Nepal
8. Professor Emdadul Haq, Department of Political Science and Sociology, NSU. Photo: Royal Norwegian Embassy in Dhaka
This program is funded by NORHED (Norad’s Master Studies Program) as a part of a broader capacity building of public sector management practitioners. Dr. Ishtiaq Jamil from the Univeristy of Bergen is the Project Coordinator of the NORHED-MPPG project. A total of 66 students from Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka have in three batches obtained their MPPG-degrees. A majority of the students are from the civil services.